Download (Custom Note Property Dialogue)
Download (Original Note Property Dialogue) (Old Patch)
UTAU-Synth Resource Replacement Kit
Hello, thank you for taking the time to check out this small project I have been working on for the past few years.
A nib file is MacOS' interface file, it contains no code, only the GUI (buttons, layout, etc)
Because of this, I am unable to insert any new code - as much as I want to - so the program is still riddled with the same bugs we all know and love.
Why distribute this? I hope to grab Ameya's attention with the project, and continue to work on the abandoned UTAU-Synth project.
Retina Mac Users: Read footer for retina icon pack (includes the updated icon)
Features / Changes
• Bypasses Monthly License Activation
• The (previously hidden) Channels menu will allow for muting and soloing of individual tracks, without changing their volume manually
I can only assume this feature wasn't made public due to a bug. It appeared to work fine with my normal use, but please use with caution.
• The ability to open a new UST without closing the application
• GenEdit Menu functionality: the genedit dropdown is used to cut, copy and paste plain text within the app. Including note flags, project flags or even values inside the voicebank editor. Quite literally, whatever the file menu can't copy, genedit can.
• I have made an attempt to fix any visual glitches that appear in the genedit, including repainting flickering when scrolling. Unfortunately; results may vary.
• Prefixmap GUI was updated (yeah, I see the "surffix" typo, it was there from the beginning so I thought I would leave it for kicks ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
• Changed keystrokes can be viewed here.
Troubleshooting / Common Issues
My issue is not listed here! / I need help!
Please contact me on Twitter! @Hairclips_! My DMs are open to the public.
Extracting the zip made a folder?
Don't worry, you can safely continue the instructions as normal, even if the icon is a folder
The zip program I use doesn't extract the file?
Try Right Click on the zip > Open With > Archive Utility
Pressing OK on the Note Property dialogue crashes the application!
Try installing the Original Note Property version. If this does not work, please contact me on Twitter, @Hairclips_
I can only see "designable.nib" and "keyedobjects.nib"!
This is a known issue with applications such as iZip that allow you to browse zip files without decompressing them. The top level of the zip (MainMenu.nib) is a technically a directory, applications such as these open that directory automatically.
You can solve this issue using your existing software by going "up".
If you don't know how to do that; please just locate the downloaded zip file (such as "P01R04-C.zip"), right click it and open with > Archive Utility. This will result in a .nib you can use (it may look like a folder, this is okay and you can still follow along normally).
1. Make a backup of UTAU-Synth and or your computer. I am not responsible for any damage to your computer or files as a result of a misinstallation.
2. Download all files required from me, as well as a fresh copy of UTAU-Synth if needed. If you would like a full translation, please download Localizable.strings too.
3. Unzip the file you downloaded by right clicking > Open With > Archive Utility
4. Navigate to your UTAU-Synth installation folder (e.g: /Applications/UTAU-Synth.app)
5. Right click "UTAU-Synth.app" and select "Show Package Contents"
6. Navigate to ./Contents/Resources/English.lproj if your system language is English or ./Contents/Resources/Japanese.lproj if your system language is Japanese. You do not need to replace the MainMenu.nib in both, but you may if you like. If you have download Localizable.strings, you need to replace the one in this directory too.
7. Inside, you will see "InfoPlist.strings", "Localizable.strings" and "MainMenu.nib". We are only interested in the MainMenu.nib
8. Replace the MainMenu.nib in the UTAU-Synth application contents with the one provided
9. Nicely done! The software is now ready to use.
Retina Iconset Installation
2. Navigate to your UTAU-Synth installation folder (e.g: /Applications/UTAU-Synth.app)
3. Right click "UTAU-Synth.app" and select "Show Package Contents"
4. Navigate to ./Contents/Resources/
5. Replace the files in there with the ones provided in the zip
6. Nicely done! The software is now ready to use.